CymCap– For Windows XP - Windows 11Cable Ampacity Calculation
CYMCAP is dedicated to the calculation of ampacity and temperature rise calculations for power cable installations.
It addresses steady-state and transient thermal cable rating as per the analytical techniques described by
Neher-McGrath and the IEC 287© and IEC 853© International standards.
The accuracy of the software provides increased confidence when upgrading power cable installations and designing new ones
It also helps increase system reliability and supports the proper utilisation of the installed equipment.
CYMCAP is dedicated to performing ampacity and temperature rise calculations for power cable installations.
Determining the maximum current power cables can sustain without deterioration of any of their electrical properties is important for the design of electrical installations.
It was developed jointly by Ontario Hydro (Hydro One), McMaster University and CYME International, under the auspices of the Canadian Electricity Association.
• Iterative techniques based on Neher-McGrath and IEC-60287© methods
• Full compliance with North American practice and support all pertinent IEC standards
IEC 60287©, IEC 60228©, IEC 601042©, IEC 60853©, etc.
• Detailed graphical representation of virtually any type of power cable.
• The above facility can be used to modify existing cables and enrich the cable library with new ones.
• Includes single-core, three-core, belted, pipe-type, submarine, sheathed, and armored cables
• Different cable installation conditions such as directly buried, thermal backfill, underground ducts or duct banks
• Pipe-type cables directly buried or in a thermal backfill
• Independent libraries and databases for cables, duct-banks, load curves, heat sources and installations
• Modeling of cables in air on riser poles, groups of cables in air, moisture migration, nearby heat sources and heat sinks, etc.
• Different cable types within one installation
• Non-isothermal earth surface modeling
• Cyclic loading patterns as per IEC-60853©
• Multiple cables per phase with proper modeling of the sheath mutual inductances which greatly influence circulating current losses and thus de-rates the ampacity of cables
• All bonding arrangements for flat and triangular formations are supported with explicit modeling of minor section lengths, unequal cable spacing, etc
|Power Consultants PTY Ltd. Aus. 61 2 99296019; email: Info@pwrcon.com.au - website: www.pwrcon.com.au|
|[Print] [Top] [Request More Information] [Home] [Customer Links]|
|© Copyright 2006-2020 Power Consultants Pty Limited. All rights reserved.|